NEBBIOLO D'ALBA DOC

It is said that long ago, a bat tasted a bunch of grapes at night and learned an ancient secret.

Even today, his descendants trace aerial geometries over the ripening grapes, and the old secret is still revealed in a glass of Nebbiolo.

GO TO dolcetto

CONTACTS


Daniele Gaia

daniele.gaia@vinoreva.it

Gianluca Colombo

gianluca@vinoreva.it

Location: San Sebastiano in Monforte d’Alba

Hectares: 1.3 ha

Exposure: south

Altitude: 360 m

Grape variety: Nebbiolo 100%

Plant density: 4,500 vines per hectare

Type of harvest: manual

Soil: clay and limestone, alternating with marl and fossiliferous sandstone, tending to “elveziano”

 

Vinification: spontaneous fermentation on the skins in stainless steel tanks for 17 days. 80% of malolactic fermentation takes place in large Austrian oak barrels and the remaining 20% in used tonneaux and barriques.

Ageing: 12 months in Austrian oak, with subsequent bottling in November

Ageing potential: 15 years and more

Production: 4,500 bottles

Format: 0.75 L

Serving temperature: 18°C

Sensory profile: full, elegant flavour, with soft, enveloping tannins. Aromatic bouquet with hints of rose, red berries and spices.